SIA Conelum un SIA Apply īsteno pētniecības projektu Darbības programmas "Izaugsme un nodarbinātībā" 1.2.1. specifiskā atbalsta mērķa "Palielināt privātā sektora investīcijas P&A" 18.104.22.168. pasākumā " Atbalsts produktu un tehnoloģiju izstrādei kompetences centru ietvaros" otras projektu iesniegumu atlases kārtas ietvaros. Pētniecības projekta nosaukums: EloView Projekts Nr. 22.214.171.124/18/A/006 Projekta Mērķis ir izpētīt un izstrādāt plaša redzeslauka opto-elektronisko modulāro sistēmu (EloVIEW), kas ļaus jebkurai ražošanai pilnīgi automātiski noskanēt paraugu dabūjot analizējamo bildi, kas dos iespēju veikt priekštatu par mikro floru, kur mikroorganismu izmērs ir >0,49 mikroni
The Food Industry Competence Centre of Latvia project @ CONELUM
Project number - 126.96.36.199/16/A/004;
○ The research is done within the bounds of the Food Industry Competence Center of Latvia project. The Food Industry Competence Center of Latvia encompasses two scientific directions:
• Increasing the market share of Latvian food manufacturers, which includes:
○ Storage packaging research;mi;
○ Storage term and condition improving technology;
○ New products for broader market preferences;
• Increasing of manufacturing added value and competitiveness, which includes:
○ Improvement of food by product use in higher value-added products;
○ Agricultural and fruit research for increasing the effectiveness of resource use – selection of more suitable species, growth technologies;
○ New innovative products with higher added value maximizing the use of existing markets, technologies, and other production factors.
• The goal of the competence center project is to support at least 14 research projects fitting the defined study area, developing new products and technologies in the industry, and introducing them into production, thereby fostering the operation of the manufacturing and research sector, as well as increasing the competitiveness of merchant companies.
○ The project is carried of from 01/09/2016 till 31/12/2018;
○ Overall ERAF Budgeted financing amounts to 3 206 250 EUR;
1st quarter Progress report.
1st quarter of the Kompetences Centrs projects has yielded in successful completion of intended plan. The perfromed R&D tasks allowed to gain a substantial complete understanding of specifications of most of the parts required for the EloSCOPE POC system.
Some activities from Q2 and Q1 where switched due to unforeseen but effective reprioritization of tasks required for getting maximum economic efficiency of R&D activities. In order to validate XIME camera’s CMOS chip being a sustainable solution for image grabbing – certain proprietary calibration algorythms for low-light intensity have been developed, extensively tested and confirmed to have positive influence on the chip’s performance.
The morphology specific image analysis algorithms are showing increasing efficiency of enumerating yeast & mould cells. Chroma’s Dual-band fluorescent filters have demonstrated themselves being an effective and currently viable solution in the final version of EloSCOPE system. Those optical filters have demonstrated being a much better fit than expected in terms of optical recognition of mould elements, which were foreseen to be an overall bottleneck of the whole technical R&D 1st quarter, therefore a significant hurdle has been concluded as a success.
The 1st quartal of Kompetences Centrs project has yielded in completion of R&D process designated to develop a specific analytics software element for EloSCOPE. It is an essential part for setting a technical specification for upcoming definition of optics, especially for such paramenters as D.O.F. and N.A.
2nd quarter Progress report.
2nd quarter of the Kompetences Centrs projects has begun with a necessity of revisiting prioritization of certain objectives for the project. The main factors behind the reprioritization are:
1. Newly gained understanding of more effective way to use eligible funding if focus on specific parts of software development, i.e. Big Data transfer, Resolution testing and etc. (which are tasks from Q3 and Q4) and return to hardware assembly in Q3 in order to have more thorough information not just on the specifications (prepared by John) but also hands on testing of some elements and it’s potential.
2. Initiated strategic collaboration with HAMAMATSU, which allowed a lot of equipment to be obtained and tested for free (worth EUR 35000) in our laboratory. HAMAMATSU is worlds leading company in Photonics and have spotted potential in Conelum and are willing to join us in a strategic partnership.
All the iterations mentioned above yielded in successful completion of intended plan as well as allows us to look optimistically into the future.
The performed R&D tasks allowed to gain a more complete vision of the final system as well as we already have some crucial elements from Q3 and Q4 objectives running perfectly.
It is expected that in order to validate all the final components being a sustainable solution for microscopy image grabbing – we will have to work with USA and JAPAN more than we’ve intended as in many cases – gear is available from there.
Some significant technological hurdles are to be solved in November and December (the main one is the objective). However, it looks like we are on the right track and right pace with execution of our project.
3rd quarter progress report
3rd quarter of the Kompetences Centrs projects has been critically focused on ELoSCOPE C systems R&D phase, testing the components and critical assessment of F.O.V (field of view are improvement.
After of q2 reprioritization are, the q3 yielded in a more concrete understanding of EloSCOPE C final look in of both hardware and software modules, including
1. Software development, i.e. Big Data transfer. The module was significantly improved as comparing with q2 R&D of big data transfer element (according to technical tasks).
2. Current stage of Hardware assembly and testing of some purchased elements shows positive results as well as all intended R&D activities are fulfilled and yield in expected results
The F.O.V. bottleneck has been solved and to be engineered in Q3 (very special optical element that allows to expect industrial grade performance.
3. More food and chemical companies have showed interest in installing innovative technological Systems developed by Conelum.
4th quarter of the Kompetences Centrs projects has been primarily focused on ELoSCOPE C systems’ Light Source Research & Development and, testing the components and finalization of Big Data Transfer Software Tool, which made q3 yield in a more concrete understanding of shape of EloSCOPE C in both hardware and software modules, including:
1. Software development, i.e. Big Data transfer. The module was significantly improved as comparing with q3 R&D of big data transfer element (according to technical tasks).
2. Current stage of Hardware assembly and testing of some purchased elements shows positive results as well as all intended R&D activities are fulfilled and yield in expected results.
All parts of the EloSCOPE C that were developed at this stage work well intact and in sync, allowing smooth image grabbing and transfer of Big data for later processing.
3. Preparing for final Quarter, where all the final adjustments will be made and calibration with EloKIT methodology would be done in microbiology labs by Conelum Team.
5th quarter progress report (Final Results).
The automated system is assembled and ready for algorithm final calibration.
Those have been extensively pre-developed in Q2-Q4, especially in terms of Big Data transfer, especially Big Data Phase part.
Software (big data transfer, detection capacity) development was pushed forward as a priority.
It became vital to finish most of the algorythm development for specifying HR OBJECTIVES (crucial element off system’s performance)
All callibration algorythms have been finished in Q5.
Also, Q5 has been highlighted by extensive > 2 month inner microbiological testing activities.
SIA Conelum ir noslēdzis 22.03.2017 līgumu Nr. SKV-L-2017/164 ar Latvijas Investīciju un attīstības aģentūru par atbalsta saņemšanu dazados pasākumos (Plug&Play, Wolves Summit, Webit innovation, Dairy innovation summit un utc.) ietvaros, ko līdzfinansē Eiropas Reģionālās attīstības fonds.